Whether you have a big holiday party coming up, or just want a little something to make a night at home special, there are lots of fun cocktails and drinks you can prepare to really get into the holiday spirit. Forget another boring mug of eggnog (with or without the rum) and try one of these other great holiday drinks. A few of these are even kid-friendly, so you can make something extra special for your children as you decorate the tree or watch “Miracle on 34th Street” for the hundredth time.
- Four cups milk (use low-fat to save a little on the calories if you like)
- Two tablespoons Nutella (or any chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Three tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Two tablespoons sugar
- Mini marshmallows
- Crushed hazelnuts
- In a large sauce pan, heat the milk until it’s warm and begins to steam. Do not boil.
- Add the Nutella, sugar and cocoa powder and stir well until completely dissolved.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring, then remove from heat.
- Serve immediately and top with mini marshmallows and crushed hazelnuts for garnish.
- Three ounces eggnog
- One ounce vanilla vodka
- One ounce Amaretto
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in shaker over ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Dust with just a pinch of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
- One pound butter (unsalted)
- One pound brown sugar
- One pound confectioners sugar
- One quart vanilla ice cream
- One teaspoon ground nutmeg
- One tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and confectioners sugar and stir well.
- Remove from heat and add the ice cream and spices, stir well.
- Pour into a freezer-safe plastic container and freeze until ready to use.
- When you’re ready to serve, measure one tablespoon of the frozen batter into a mug.
- Add one ounce of your favorite rum.
- Fill the cup the rest of the way with boiling water.
- Stir well and sprinkle just a touch of nutmeg for garnish.
See more recipes at CBSLA.com